A brief photo essay from my senior year at Penn State, and my second year at University Park.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Thursday, November 22, 2012
A list of small pleasures:
- The smell of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes.
- When the battery meter on the Zune turns green.
- Rolled coins.
- The combination of the color orange and trains, both real and toy.
- Graffiti, corrected for spelling and grammar.
- The combined smells of smoke fluid, light oil and grease, and the ozone from open frame motors.
- The sublime flavor of a beer after a shot of bourbon.
- The search through a stack of unsorted vinyl singles, and the discovery of every song you recognize.
- When the song or band I was just thinking of comes on the radio.
- Getting the laces on a pair of Chucks to exactly the same tightness on both feet.
- Discovering that the new album came out, whatever band it's from.
- Good coffee and bagels.
- The sound of a train hitting a joint in the rails.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
With Halloween come and gone, I'm giving you playlists for Halloween to fit classic rock and alt/indie tastes (those of you who listen to screaming death metal and that nu-metal shit seem to have trouble discerning between Halloween and all the damn time, so go away).
A Classick Rock Halloween
A Classick Rock Halloween
- Welcome To My Nightmare - Alice Cooper
- Season Of The Witch - Donovan
- The Wizard - Black Sabbath
- Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group
- Daily Nightly - The Monkees
- Space Invader - Pretenders
- Hell's Bells - AC/DC
- Fire - The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown
- Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
- Death Walks Behind You - Atomic Rooster
- Tales Of Brave Ulysses - Cream
- Mr. Roboto - Styx
- Space Truckin' - Deep Purple
- Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner - Warren Zevon
- Witchy Woman - The Eagles
- Grey Ghost - Henry Paul Band
- Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
- Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult
- The Battle Of Evermore - Led Zeppelin
- The Trees - Rush
- Moonage Daydream - David Bowie
- My Clone Sleeps Alone - Pat Benatar
- It Came Out Of The Sky - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Robot Man - Scorpions
- The Unknown Soldier - The Doors
- Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
- Boris The Spider - The Who
- Welcome To The Machine - Pink Floyd
- The Sound Of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
- Fire On High - Electric Light Orchestra
- Strange Times - The Black Keys
- Monster Hospital - Metric
- Roland - Interpol
- It Came From Japan - Von Bondies
- Young For Eternity - The Subways
- Midnight Show - Killers
- Witchcraft - Wolfmother
- We Are Not Alive - The Flying Eyes
- In Cairo - Hot Hot Heat
- Is She Weird? - Pixies
- Wrong Time Capsule - Deerhoof
- Voodoo - Godsmack
- Welcome Home - Coheed & Cambria
- Nine Riders - Early Man
- Knights Of Cydonia - Muse
- Everybody Knows That You're Insane - Queens Of The Stone Age
- I'm Your Villain - Franz Ferdinand
- Demon - Sleigh Bells
- Phenomena - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Robot - Futureheads
- See Through Head - The Hives
- Last Caress - Misfits
- Invincible - OK Go
- Hypnotize - The White Stripes
- Chainsaw - The Deathray Davies
- Safari - Breeders
- Pretend We're Dead - L7
- Hardcore UFOs - Guided By Voices
- Thinking Of A Dream I Had - The Walkmen
- My Poor Brain - Foo Fighters
Hope you got a new needle for your record player.
I've blogged briefly at times about my Lego train hobby before, but I found a picture in a file on my computer that shows my collection at a very early stage.
I had been designing some cars since I discovered the LDraw software online a couple years prior to this picture. One of my more ingenious designs, sadly, is completely obscured by the High Life bottle - a tank car. However, at the time it was designed, I posted at least one picture of it on this blog. In the foreground are parts for the black/yellow boxcar I designed, and an incomplete green/white gondola as well.