Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Fireball We Rode Was Moving, But Now We Got A New Machine

Last weekend, at the Greenberg's Train Show in Monroeville, I picked up a new locomotive. It's an O scale, 3-rail prewar-appearance Pennsylvania Railroad K4s Pacific-type in brass, made by Williams. I won't say how much I picked it up for, but it's easily half of what it was sold for.


You see, it's an older model made in either the late '80s or early '90s, before O gauge trains began to receive high-quality electronic sound and digital control systems. It's not the most minutely detailed model either; but it's to scale, dimensionally accurate, and just plain looks good! Other operators might not be inclined to look too close (or assume it's messed up just by looking at the low price) as a result, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. 


I've recently put together a video of some trains running on my grandfather's layout; and the last group of clips features this newest addition to the roster.


Now to find one with the postwar appearance!

No comments: