Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Poor Little Darling With A Chip Out Of Your Heart

I used to think that the Elton John song 'All The Girls Love Alice' was about Alice Cooper. But no, I believe the song came out while Alice Cooper was the name of the band, not just a renamed Vincent Furnier. The song turned out to be about a lesbian.

Yeah. That was an awkward moment for me.

Why, whenever I hear Debbie Harry sing 'walking on imported air' in 'Walk Like Me', do I think of Spaceballs - namely the scene where President Scroob partakes of a can of 'Perri-air'?

More recently, in 'The Eton Rifles' by The Jam, there's a bridge part that repeats once, but is slightly different the second time around: 'What a catalyst you turned out to be/load up your guns and run on home for your tea/left me standing like a guilty schoolboy'. The repetition makes this change: 'Left me standing like a naughty schoolboy'. I myself kinda prefer 'guilty', as I think it sounds better. But when the song gets stuck in my head, my brain seems to prefer 'naughty' in the line. I wonder.

Then you have the time I figured out that the Foghat lyric in 'I Just Wanna Make Love To You' is 'I don't want you to be sad and blue', not 'Sailor Moon'. Deaf sonova.

I know there's more, I just don't remember them all.

No comments: