Thursday, April 2, 2015

He Says "What You Want This Time?"


Whiskey is liquid sunshine.
-George Bernard Shaw

I like to get hammered on Friday night
Sometimes I can't wait so Monday's all right

'Mixologist' is a stupidly unnecessary word. 'Bartender' got along just fine for decades without any help, thank you very much - excepting the bouncer, of course.
-Unknown

...the solution doesn't involve watering down my every little idea and creative impulse for the sake of someday easing my fit into a mold...this is very important, so I want to say it as clearly as I can: FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

I've waited too long to have you hide in the back of me
I've cheated so much I wonder how you keep track of me

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Maj. Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Capt. Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world...
-from Casablanca

Alcohol is no different from a guitar amplifier - it just makes the music in your head louder.
-Unknown

I ain't seen my baby since I don't know when
I been drinking bourbon whiskey, scotch and gin

I drank to drown my sorrows, but the damned things learned how to swim.
-Frida Kahlo

There is nothing dangerous about the merely mundane. It is just a kind of emptiness...

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
-from Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

I've been sittin' here drinkin'
I'm just as lonesome as a man can be

Lord Hinjo: Nothing says 'Condolences on the loss of your uncle' like a ninja death squad in the night.

You pour six jiggers of gin into a glass and then you drink it while staring at a picture of Lorenzo Schwartz, the inventor of vermouth.
-'Hawkeye' Pierce

All good drinkers write. 
-Unknown

She's whiskey in a teacup
She gives blondes a lousy name
Thanks to Whiskey & Misanthropy for the inspiration.

No comments: