Saturday, January 26, 2013

Out Of My Brain On The 5:15

A long time ago, I stumbled upon a technique to make some really strange bicolor saturations of photographs to use as computer backgrounds. Some of them have turned out quite well. Check out the original photos linked in the captions. 

Tom Meatzie - SD&AE 2353
This was the first such shot I created. The process involves saturating and converting to black and white using, of all programs, Microsoft Word, whit the color being applied in MS Paint. 
Max Batten - BR D1941

CO&E 17
All of the action shots of Crab Orchard & Egyptian 17 have been pulled from RRPictureArchives for some reason, including the image used as my source, so I have linked to the shots that remain.
Jeff Van Cleeve - D&RGW SD45 5335

Mike Pierry, Jr. - CVL 4070
The best of these transformations seem to use the altered colors in the same manner as the light conditions in which the photograph was taken.

No comments: