Wednesday, December 12, 2012

He Didn't Cry On Safari

I just realized how long it's been that I've been messing around with new music. It's been seven years since I first saw the videos for 'C'mon C'mon' and 'Nowhere Again' in the PSNK cafe. I've still been discovering new music since I left college, but not at the same rate. It's taken me almost three years to put this CD together. This is, effectively, the culmination of seven years of my life and my musical tastes. I'm not sure how much it's changed from the first one, really.

New Stuff CD 8

  1. Rollerdisco – Black Moth Super Rainbow
  2. Lowest Part Is Free! - Archers Of Loaf
  3. Safari – The Breeders
  4. Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People
  5. Two Princes – The Spin Doctors
  6. Tropical Ice-land – The Fiery Furnaces
  7. Black Out Fall Out – Polysics
  8. Sun Of A Gun – Oh Land
  9. Electric Feel – MGMT
  10. Wildcat – Ratatat
  11. Sundrop – The Flying Eyes
  12. Sticky Honey - Juliette & The Licks
  13. Wrong Time Capsule – Deerhoof
  14. The Eton Rifles – The Jam*
  15. Paljon On Koskessa Kivia – Korpiklaani
  16. Keelhauled – Alestorm
  17. Voodoo – Godsmack
  18. Industrial Enemy – Templar**
  19. Comeback Kid – Sleigh Bells
  20. Last Caress – The Misfits
  21. Rebound – Sebadoh
  22. Hold My Life – The Replacements
* Okay, so The Jam were from the 70's. But they straddled the line between punk and post-punk (both era and sound) that they sound so different from their contemporaries. I say they were ahead of their time. I'm surprised they don't have a bigger following.
** My friends Sam Joyce and Joe Cervasi. You're welcome, guys. 

No comments: