Monday, October 14, 2013

Of His Honor And His Glory The People Did Sing

So I still have to post some photos from yesterday's raifan venture down to Sand Patch Grade, and I haven't yet gotten around to posting my Portersville photos of tractors, boy howdy.

Instead I'm posting tonight's venture: the folks and I went to see the duck. Florentijn Hofman is a wizard.


First sighting from the North Shore river walk. Incidentally, it's a pretty nice piece of urban, public riverfront park in front of the stadiums. There was even a boat moored there, which you can totally do. I don't know whether there are mooring meters, however. (Does the meter reader come along in scuba gear? If you're tied up too long, do they hook a huge anchor to your vessel instead of 'the boot'?)


If you had any doubts about the size of the sculpture, cast them away. The girls that I accidentally caught posing for someone else's camera appear to be average height.


He's surprisingly relaxing to stare at. And the crowd was bigger than this photo conveys; the park remained busy until we left after sunset.


Duck and the Fort Duquesne Bridge.


Some actual ducks for comparison. The geese were not invited.


Also good to see: the Point Park Fountain, operational and fountaining once again, with the Fort Pitt Bridge in the background. The landmark had been shut down between 2009 and 2013 for an extensive restoration.


I see you lurking in the mists...


The Gateway Clipper Fleet and Station Square, framed by the Fort Pitt Bridge.


A very nice skyline shot of dahntahn captured in the setting sun. I'm personally impressed with this shot in particular.


I still see you lurking in the beautifully-lit mists... Duck and fountain at night.


And a dusk version of duck and Duquesne.


Also, the entrance to the park beneath the 376/279 connector between the Fort Pitt and Fort Duquesne Bridges is very nicely done. I didn't really take a close look during the afternoon, but the lighting struck me as very elegant as we left the park in the evening. 

No comments: