Monday, October 14, 2013

We Shield Our Eyes From The Police Lights

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm pretty sure it's a better way to spend the evening listening to a Donnie Iris album (in your preferred format), as opposed to watching Real Policewomen Of Dallas or Beyond Scared Straight. When did other peoples' failures, dysfunctions, abuses and displays of outright lunacy become entertainment? What is happening to the concept of our own business? Are our problems really everyone else's problem too? I really don't think so.

This is a large part of why I don't watch television anymore. I look to entertainment and media to inspire, to educate, to relax, to get lost in. I don't want to endure the fuckwits I deal with in real life any longer than I have to - why would I then go home and feel even the slightest desire to see them on the boob tube?

No comments: